LLC Scientific Research Center Hydrometallurgy is a modern, dynamically developing research center. Scientific developments of the SRC are aimed at creating effective environmentally friendly hydrometallurgical technologies for processing various types of raw materials.
The main directions of research activities of the SRC are:
- Creation of hydrometallurgical technologies for the recovery of non-ferrous and noble metals from the oxidized and sulfide ores and concentrates (copper, nickel, copper-nickel, lead-zinc and other concetrates).
- Development of hydrometallurgical technologies for the recovery of gold and silver from the oxidized and sulfide ores and concentrates
- Development of autoclave opening of refractory (including carbonaceous) gold-bearing ores and concentrates.
- Creation of hydrometallurgical technologies for processing hard-processing, off-grade, technogenic materials (substandard concentrates, semiproduct, wastes, tailings and etc.).
- Carrying out autoclave pilot plant tests in a pilot plant (Blagoveshensk).
- Determination of physical and chemical properties of ores and concentrates and products of their processing.
- Environmental safety assessment of wastes. Determination of hazard classes by calculation and biotesting.
- Analysis of existing production facilities and development of recommendations to improve their efficiency.
SRC has experience in attraction other organizations for the cooperative development of complex technological schemes, including, in addition to hydrometallurgical operation, also enrichment and pyrometallurgical operations.
SRC is equipped with modern laboratory and chemical analytical equipment which allows performing non-trivial studies and obtaining reliable results. All works carried out on the level corresponding to the requirements of the latest achievements of science and technology.
The center’s specialists regularly present the results of research at conferences and symposia of regional, national and international scales. Some of them have received prestigious awards.
Students and postgraduates of the leading universities of St. Petersburg regularly undergo practical training in the SRC. The acquired knowledge and skills help them to get PhD. More than 10 PhD thesises were prepared on the basis of the SRC.
Key scientific achievements were registered as a patents or inventions.